How many of you remember getting a gold star from your teacher for good work or good behavior? I remember thinking that the tiny little symbol filled me with a sense of pride for a job well done. What we find over and over again in our External Quality Monitoring programs is that call center agents want to feel empowered and they thrive on performance recognition. Just like those gold stars from our younger years, when call center agents are held accountable for resolving customer complaints quickly and efficiently, and they are provided the tools to improve their performance, it’s not hard to see the link between satisfied agents and quality customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
“I recently called about a phone connectivity issue I was having at my house. I was transferred directly to the right person and my issue was resolved professionally and quickly. I was surprised that a company so big had such a streamlined call center.”
“After my appliance arrived last week one of your agents phoned me at home to do a post-purchase survey. I usually don’t entertain those things, but your contact center agent was so cheery on the phone I couldn’t help but participate.”
“I was initially quite upset when I was billed incorrectly for service but when I called your customer service center your agent listened to me intently, resolved the billing issue efficiently and was very pleasant to deal with.”
Gold stars to those who earn them! Happy Monday!
- Unearthing Time to Coach Contact Center Agents - January 28, 2015
- How to Improve Agent Performance without the Ding - January 21, 2015
- How to Implement a Lean Quality Assurance Program - January 1, 2015
- Why FCR is more powerful than a genie in a bottle - December 22, 2014
- Contact Center Budget Wars: New Armor to Defend Against Cuts - October 16, 2014
- Neither Qualitative NOR Quantitative VoC Data Works - October 6, 2014
- Quality investments are like Granite Countertops - July 24, 2014
- 3 Quality Benchmarking Lessons from Facebook - July 17, 2014
- Gaining control of your contact center surveys - July 10, 2014
- How courtesy can undermine agent performance - April 23, 2014